Amazon.com, Inc. Seattle-based American is a multinational technology company focused on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming and artificial intelligence. It is considered one of the Big Four tech companies along with Google, Apple Pool and Facebook.
Amazon is known for technological breakthroughs and the breakdown of the industry it founded on a mass scale. It is the world’s largest online marketplace, AI support provider and cloud computing platform that is measured by revenue and market capitalization. Amazon is the largest revenue-generating Internet company in the world. It is the second-largest private employer in the United States and one of the most valuable companies in the world.
Amazon was founded in July 1994 by Jeff Bezos in Bellevue, Washington. The company initially started as a book market nonlinear market but later expanded to selling electronics, software footwear, video games, apparel, furniture, food, toys, and jewelry. In 2015, Amazon surpassed Walmart as the most valuable retailer in the United States by market capitalization.
In 2017, Amazon acquired the Whole Foods Market for the US $ 13.4 billion, which greatly increased Amazon’s presence as a brick-and-mortar retailer. In 2018, Bezos announced that its two-day delivery service, Amazon Prime, has surpassed 100 million customers worldwide.
Amazon distributes downloads and streaming of videos, music, iDeBook through its Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Music and Audible subsidiaries. Amazon also owns Publishing Arm, Amazon Publishing, a film and television studio, Amazon Studios, and Amazon Web Services, a cloud computing subsidiary. It manufactures consumer electronics, including Kindle e-readers, fire tablets, fire TVs and eco devices.
In addition, Amazon subsidiaries include Ring, Twitch, Whole Foods Market and IMDB. The company has been criticized for technical surveillance overreach, over-arching and demanding work culture, tax avoidance and anti-competitive practices in various disputes.
More benefits included with Prime
A List Of All Amazon Products & Services
Over 300 million active users. Over 500 million products. Over
$100$200 billion in annual revenues. Over 500,000 employees. Over $300 $750$900 billion market capitalization. That’s the stats of Amazon.
- Amazon (Amazon.com) — The largest Internet-based retailer in the world by total sales and market capitalization.
- Amazon Advertising — Connect your brand to Amazon customers wherever they share, read, listen, purchase, research and download online, across devices.
- Amazon Alexa — Amazon’s voice control system.
- Amazon Appstore — Amazon Appstore for Android is an app store for the Android operating system operated by Amazon.com.
- AmazonBasics — AmazonBasics offers quality and value on everyday products delivered straight to your door.
- Amazon Books — Amazon Books is a chain of retail bookstores owned by online retailer Amazon.
- Amazon Business — Everything you love about Amazon. For work.
- Amazon Dash Button — Amazon Dash is a consumer goods ordering service which uses a proprietary device for ordering goods over the Internet.
- Amazon Drive — Get unlimited online storage to backup, protect and share photos, videos and files from any device.
- Amazon Echo — Amazon Echo is a hands-free speaker you control with your voice. Echo connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, provide information, news, sports scores, weather, and more—instantly. All you have to do is ask. Also check out, Echo Dot, Echo Dot Kids Edition.
- Amazon Elements — Amazon Elements is a line of premium everyday essentials exclusively available to Amazon Prime members.
- Amazon Fire OS — An Android-based operating system by Amazon for its Fire Phone and Kindle Fire range of devices.
- Amazon Fire Phone* — A 3D-enabled smartphone designed and developed by Amazon.
- Amazon Fire Tablet — A tablet designed and developed by Amazon.
- Amazon Fire TV — Amazon Fire TV is a tiny box you connect to your HDTV. It’s the easiest way to enjoy over 250,000 TV episodes and movies on Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, and HBO NOW, plus games, music, and more.
- AmazonFresh — It is a grocery delivery service by Amazon.
- Amazon Handmade — Discover genuinely handcrafted products created by Artisans around the world.
- Amazon Home Services — Amazon Home Services is a new and simple way to buy and schedule professional services such as furniture assembly, house cleaning, and plumbing directly on Amazon.com.
- Amazon Hub — Hub by Amazon is a comprehensive solution that frees you and your staff from daily package management, from high-rise buildings to garden-style apartments.
- Amazon Inspire — Amazon Inspire is an open collaboration service that helps educators discover, gather, and share educational content.
- Amazon Go — Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no checkout required.
- Amazon Kindle — Amazon Kindle is a series of e-readers by Amazon.com that enable users to browse, buy, download and read e-books, newspapers, magazines and other digital media via wireless networking to the Kindle Store.
- Amazon Launchpad — Amazon Launchpad offers online shopping of products from startups, with a great selection of new technology, innovative gadgets, electronics, wearable tech, workout, style, and home products from startups.
- Amazon Locker — Amazon Lockers are secure, self-service kiosks where customers can pick up Amazon.com packages at a time and place that is convenient for them.
- Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk.com) — An on-demand scalable workforce.
- Amazon Merch — Merch by Amazon makes it easy for you to create, promote and market your branded merchandise.
- Amazon Music Unlimited — Amazon Music Unlimited is a premium music subscription service featuring tens of millions of songs and thousands of expert-programmed playlists and stations.
- Amazon Pay — Amazon Pay makes it simple for hundreds of millions of customers around the globe to check-in and check out using information already stored in their Amazon account.
- Amazon Prime — Enjoy fast free shipping, exclusive access to movies and TV shows, ad-free music, unlimited photo storage, and Kindle books.
- Amazon Prime Air — Amazon Prime Air is a future service that will deliver packages up to five pounds in 30 minutes or less using small drones.
- Amazon Prime Book Box — A subscription that delivers hand-picked children’s books every 1, 2, or 3 months.
- Amazon Prime Music — Ad-free and on-demand music service for Amazon Prime members.
- Amazon Prime Now — Prime Now offers household items and essentials you need every day plus the best of Amazon, with FREE 2-hour delivery.
- Amazon Prime Video — Enjoy exclusive Amazon Originals as well as popular movies and TV shows.
- Amazon Prime Video Direct — Prime Video Direct helps content creators and visual storytellers reach millions of Prime Video customers worldwide.
- Amazon Robotics (formerly Kiva Systems) — It’s all about robotics.
- AmazonSmile — Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
- Amazon Storywriter — A cloud-based screenwriting app.
- Amazon Studios — Amazon Studios is a subsidiary of Amazon that focuses on developing television series, and distributing and producing films and comics from online submissions and crowd-sourced feedback.
- Amazon Sumerian — Amazon Sumerian lets you create and run virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), and 3D applications quickly and easily without requiring any specialized programming or 3D graphics expertise.
- Amazon Tap — A portable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled speaker that gives you rich, full-range sound.
- Amazon Video Direct — Helping content creators and visual storytellers reach millions of Amazon customers across hundreds of devices with the same distribution options and delivery quality available to major motion picture and television studios.
- Amazon Vine — Amazon Vine is an internal service of Amazon.com that allows manufacturers and publishers to receive reviews for their products on Amazon.
- Amazon Wag — Amazon’s pet product brand.
- Amazon Warehouse Deals — Deep discounts on open-box, and used products from Amazon.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) — Amazon Web Services offers a suite of cloud-computing services that make up an on-demand computing platform.
- Amazon Wickedly Prime — A new line of distinctive food and beverages, available exclusively to Amazon Prime members.
- Amazon Wireless — Cell phones with service powered by Amazon.com.
- Amazon WorkDocs — Amazon WorkDocs is a fully managed, secure enterprise storage and sharing service with strong administrative controls and feedback capabilities that improve user productivity.
- Amazon WorkSpaces — Amazon WorkSpaces is a fully managed, secure desktop computing service which runs on the AWS cloud.
- Amazon Your Garage — Find parts and accessories that fit your vehicle and ask other owners for tips and advice.
- A9 — A9.com is a subsidiary of Amazon that develops search engine and search advertising technology.
- AbeBooks (AbeBooks.com) — Shop a vast selection of books, art and collectibles from independent sellers around the world.
- Alexa (Alexa.com) — An Amazon company that provides commercial web traffic data and analytics.
- Audible.com (Audible.com) — Audible sells digital audiobooks, radio and TV programs, and audio versions of magazines and newspapers.
- AWS Cloud9 — AWS Cloud9 is a cloud-based integrated development environment (IDE) that lets you write, run, and debug your code with just a browser.
- Book Depository — A UK-based online book seller with a large catalogue offered with free shipping to over 160 countries.
- Box Office Mojo — Box Office Mojo tracks box office revenue in a systematic, algorithmic way, and publishes the data on its website.
- Brilliance Audio — Publishes audio books for consumers, resellers, and librarians in the United States.
- Diapers* (Diapers.com)— An online specialty retailer for baby products.
- Digital Photography Review — It’s all about digital cameras and digital photography.
- Goodreads (Goodreads.com) — Share book recommendations with your friends, join book clubs, answer trivia. Note: Shelfari has merged with Goodreads.
- IMDb (IMDb.com) — Find showtimes, watch trailers, browse photos, track your Watchlist and rate your favorite movies and TV shows.
- Junglee* — Junglee.com is an online marketplace by Amazon designed uniquely for India.
- LOVEFiLM* — A DVD rental and streaming video on demand service.
- Ring (Ring.com) — Ring lets you monitor every corner of your property with Video Doorbells and security cameras.
- Souq (Souq.com) — It’s the largest e-commerce site in the Arab world.
- Twitch (Twitch.tv) — A live streaming video platform by Amazon.
- Whole Foods Market — A supermarket chain that specializes in selling food products without artificial preservatives, colors, flavors, sweeteners, and hydrogenated fats.
- Woot — Daily Deals for Electronics, Computers, Home, Tools, Garden, Sport, Accessories, Kids, Shirt, Wine, & more.
- Zappos (Zappos.com) — An online shoe and clothing shop.